A few hours back, a new Beta of Skype for Mac hit the interwebs. The twitter was going all crazy for it. This new Beta of Skype for Mac included some drastic UI changes. (read: 100% of the UI has changed)
One of the most noticeable visual changes was the amount of whitespace. Because the window looked like it was a Web View, and I saw something about Chat Styles in the settings, I decided to dig into the Skype.app package.
If you right-click Skype.app and click Show Package Contents you will be able to find
Contents > Resources > ChatStyles. In here, I dug into the
I decided to duplicate Panamericana and edit it into an initial version of my own SkypeChatStyle. The sole focus of the initial version is removing a lot of unnecessary white space from the Chat Window, without cramping it too much.
I present to you, Version 0.1 of Panamargincana.
How to install a custom SkypeChatStyle
Updated! Thanks to Andy!
- Download the custom SkypeChatStyle
- Go to the Library folder in your Home folder.
- Open the Skype folder within the Application Support folder.
- Create a ChatStyles folder if it doesn’t exist.
- Drag Panamargincana.SkypeChatStyle into this folder
- Restart Skype.
- Go to Skype Preferences and choose “Panamargincana” in the Style dropdown in the Chat section.
Find something off? Remarks?
Give me a shout on twitter!