The Panasonic GX1 is — and always has been — an amazing camera considering it’s form factor. And even better, it’s ridiculously affordable now ($244 on Amazon.com at the moment of writing).
A couple of months ago, I purchased a Nikon D600. This is an absolutely amazing camera, but I found that I would never take it anywhere, because it was too bulky. The GX1 might not be full-frame, it might not be the fastest, and it’s two years old now. It’s also small, light, affordable, and always in my bag or on my shoulder now. It also has some great lenses available for it:
- Olympus 12mm f/2.0 (Wide, sharp, awesome.)
- Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 (the go-to Micro Four Thirds pancake lens)
- Panasonic Leica 25mm f/1.4 (the sharpest auto-focusing 50mm equivalent for Micro Four-Thirds)
- Olympus 45mm f/1.8 (Super fast AF, great for portraits.)
- and the one I’m personally looking at: the new Olympus 17mm f/1.8
Disclaimer: Above links are affiliate links.